Search the web

Custom Search

Chitika

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Expressing Gratitude

Expressing Gratitude

PATTERNS

A.Expressing Gratitude

1. Thanks.

2. Thanks a lot.

3. Thank you very much.

4. I’m really grateful to you for ……

5. I’m really obliged to you for …

6. I should like to express my gratitude/appreciation for ……

B. Responding to thanks

1. Not at all.

2. It was a pleasure.

3. Please don’t mention it.

4. That’s alright.

5. Glad to be of some help.

6. Delighted I was able to help.

7. You’re (most) welcome.

PRACTICE/ DIALOGUE

At the booking counter

C: Two tickets to Agra, please.

O: First class or second class?

C: Second class. How much is the fare?

O: Forty six rupees.

C: (Gives a Rs. 50 note)

O: Here are your tickets.

C: Thank you. What time does the train leave?

O: At 11.20

C: Thank you. (Moves away)

O: Excuse me. Just a movement, please.

C: Yes, what is it?

O: Here’s the balance. You didn’t take it.

C: Oh, I forgot. So nice of you. Thank you so much.

O: Not at all.

Between neighbors

A: Good morning. May I come in?

B: Please come in.

A: I’m Varadarajan, your next-door neighbour. I’m an officer in the State Bank of India.

B: Very glad to meet you. I’m Balachandran. Please sit down.

A: Last night my wife told me that new tenants have moved in here. So I thought I’d look you up in the morning.

B: So kind of you. I’m not a tenant though. I bought this house.

A: Really? That’s wonderful. I’m so glad we are getting good neighbours. Is there anything I can do for you?

B: Yes. Could you tell me where I can buy milk in the morning?

A: Please don’t worry about that. I’ll send my milkman here. Is there anything else?

B: Not immediately. Thank you so much for the help.

A: It is my pleasure. Please do no hesitate to tell us if you need anything.

B: Sure. So kind of you.

A: Not at all. See you later.

B: See you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails

BookMark&Share

Bookmark and Share