Search the web

Custom Search

Chitika

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Greeting

Greeting

PATTERNS

  1. Hi, Raj. How are you?
  2. Hello, Tom. Nice to see you again.
  3. Good to see you again.
  4. How/very nice to see you again.
  5. Good morning/afternoon/evening.
  6. How is life?
  7. What’s new?
  8. I trust you’re keeping well.
  9. I hope all goes well with you.

PRACTICE/ DIALOGUE

Between friends

Raj: Hi, Das.

Das: Hello, Raj. Haven’t seen you for ages. How are you?

Raj: Fine. And you?

Das: Getting on well. How is little Mohn? We really miss him.

Raj: He is O.K. Busy with his studies and NCC activities. He’s been selected for the Republic Day parade this year.

Das: Rally? That’s wonderful. By the way, have you heard about Ramesh?

Raj: No. What about him?

Das: He’s getting married soon to a colleague of his.

Raj: That’s good news. So ramesh will soon settle down to a domestic life.

Das: Sorry, Raj. It’s time for my bus. I must hurry.

Raj: I’ll ring you up some time.

Das: Please do. And give our love to Mohan.

Raj: I will. Bye.

Das: Bye.

On the Telephone

Shela: Good morning. Shela here.

Poonam: Hi, Shela! How are you?

Shela: Hello, poonam. I’m alright. How are things with you? How is your new school?

Poonam: It’s good. I enjoy teaching there. It’s quite different from the one where I was teaching last year. This one has proper classrooms, laboratories and good library.

Shela: So at last you’ve found a place where you’d like to work. How many schools did you change since you started working?

Poonam: Quite a few, I think. Shela, I hear that your friend Rajiu is planning to sell her car. Is it true?

Shela: Yes, she told me so. Why, are you interested?

Poonam: Well, we were thinking of buying one. If the price is within our reach, that is.

Shela: I’ll talk to Rajiu and then call you back. Is that all right?

Poonam: Perfectly. Thanks, Shela. Bye- Bye.

Shela : Bye.

1 Comment:

  1. eimantasrt10 said...
    "Hou are THINGS with you?"-is that right?I mean:"Things with you"?

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails

BookMark&Share

Bookmark and Share