Search the web

Custom Search

Chitika

Saturday, January 31, 2009

apology

APOLOGISING

PATTERNS

A: Apologizing

  1. I’m sorry.
  2. I’m sorry, that was (entirely) my fault.
  3. Excuse me/Pardon me (for…….)
  4. I feel bad about…….
  5. Please accept my apologies for….
  6. I can’t tell you how sorry I am (for…)
  7. Please allow me to offer my apologies.

B: Accepting an apology

  1. That’s (quite) alright / OK.
  2. Not at all.
  3. Please don’t worry.
  4. It doesn’t matter at all.
  5. Please don’t feel bad about it.
  6. That’s really not necessary.

PRACTICE / DIALOGUE

Among neighbors

X :Mr. Rajini, I feel bad about what happened this morning. I ought not to have spoken so. I’m extremely sorry.

Z : There’s no need to apologies at all. I could quite understand your feelings.

(At a corner, A accidentally bumps into B.)

B : Oops!

A : I’m so sorry. I hope you’re not hurt.

B : No, it’s alright.

Between neighbours

A : Good morning.

B : Good morning.

A : I heard that my son misbehaved with you last evening. I’m ashamed of what he did. I came to apologies to you.

B : There’s no need for an apology. It’s true that he used some bad words. But I didn’t take it seriously. Let’s forget about it.

A : I’ll certainly warn him.

B : Please don’t be very harsh with him. I’m sure he’ll realize his mistake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails

BookMark&Share

Bookmark and Share