Search the web

Custom Search

Chitika

Saturday, January 31, 2009

COMPLIMENTING/ CONGRATULATING

PATTERNS

  1. What a nice / smart/wonderful/beautiful…..!
  2. That is/was a nice/smart ……
  3. You look really smart/gorgeous/great/wonderful.
  4. It was nice/great to hear that…….
  5. Congratulations!
  6. Well done! How nice!/Fantastic!/ Terrific!
  7. I’d like to congratulate you on …..
  8. Allow me to offer my (warmest/heartiest) congratulations.
  9. May I say how elegant/enchanting you look?

PRACTICE/ DIALOGUE

Between friends

A : Hi, Suman. That is a nice dress. You look wonderful in that.

B : Thanks, Lalit. I like this, too. My aunt brought this from Bombay.

A : Is that so? I must say you aunt knows what suits you best.

B : Naturally. She is a fashion desighner.

A : No wonder then that it suits so well. You won’t have any idea how much this cost?

B : No. Lalit. How could I ask her?

At home

F : How was your day at school, Vivek?

S : It was a wonderful day, Daddy. It’s a day I’d like to remember.

F : Oh, is it? What makes the day so important, my son?

S : I have been made the chairman of the School Literary Society.

F : That is great! Congratulations!

S : Thank you, Daddy.

F : But how did you become the chairman of the society? Did the Principal nominate you?

S : No Daddy. There was a competition. A very stiff one. There were fourteen candidates. There was an elocution competition and I stood first.

F : That’s really nice. You stood first in the examination and now you have won the chairmanship of the literary Society. I’m proud of you, my son.

S : Thank you, Daddy.

At the office

A : May I come is, sir?

B : Please do come is, Ms Shalu.

A : The consolidated statement of the tenders is ready, sir.

B : Is it? Fantastic! That was real fast work, Ms. Shalu.

A : Thank you. Sir, ….

B : Yes, Ms. Shalu.

A : If I may so, your speech last evening was really inspiring.

B : Were you present there?

A :Yes, sir. And I really enjoyed listening to you.

B : Thank you, Ms. Shalu.

A : Thank you, sir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails

BookMark&Share

Bookmark and Share