Search the web

Custom Search

Chitika

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Asking about Preference

Asking about Preference

PATTERNS

  1. Asking about preference

  1. Do you prefer ……… or …….?
  2. Would you like/rather have/prefer ……..?
  3. Which would you prefer, …….. or ……?
  4. We can ……. Or ………… What do you say?
  5. The choice is yours, ………. Or ……….
  6. Which appeals more, ……… or ……..

  1. Saying what you prefer

  1. I’d prefer ………. (if possible)
  2. My choice/preference would always be …….
  3. If you don’t mind, I’d ……
  4. If it’s all the same to you ……
  5. If it’s up to me, I’d ……..
  6. Perhaps it’d be better if ………
  7. ……. Appeals to me more than …….

PRACTICE / DIALOGUE

At the hotel reception

Reception: Good morning. Can I help you?

Customer: I’d like to book a double room.

Reception: Would you like a room with shower or one with bath?

Customer: I’d refer one with shower.

Receptionist: Would you prefer a room with a view or a quiet one?

Customer: I’d prefer a quiet room if possible.

Receptionist: Of course, you can have one.

At the travel agent’s

T.Agent: Good morning. Can I help you?

Traveler: I’d like to book a round trip Delhi-Bangkok-Delhi.

T.Agent: Yes, sir. When are you planning to travel?

Traveler: In June.

T.Agent: How do you want to travel?

Traveler: I’d like to travel at the cheapest rate. It’s in the name of Mr.Oberai.

T.Agent: Do you have any preference for seating?

Traveler: I’d prefer an aisle seat at the back of the plane.

T.Agent: We have a morning flight leaving at 8.30 and a night flight at 10. which do you prefer?

Traveler: My choice ould always be the night flight.

Travel agent: That’s fine. We’ll arrange the tickets.

Over Telephone

Receiver: Good morning. Parklane Hotel.

Caller: Good morning. I’d like to book a table for 8.00 this evening.

Receiver: yes, of course. For how may people?

Caller: For two.

Receiver: Do you have any preference in seating?

Caller: Yes, I’d prefer a table in a quiet corner in a non-smoking section.

Receiver: Yes, of course, sir. In what name?

Caller: The name’s Robert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails

BookMark&Share

Bookmark and Share