Search the web

Custom Search

Chitika

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Someone Agrees / Disagree

Asking if someone agrees

PATTERNS

  1. Asking if someone agrees

  1. O.K.?/Right? / Yeah?
  2. Is that all right with you / O.K with you?
  3. Do you agree?
  4. Don’t you think/feel ……..?
  5. Would you agree that/ with ……?
  6. I wonder if you’d agree with …….?

  1. Agreeing

  1. You’re right.
  2. Yes, I agree.
  3. That’s quite right/true.
  4. Oh, exactly/definitely/absolutely/totally/quite, etc.
  5. I think so too.
  6. I don’t think anyone could/would disagree with …….

  1. Disagreeing

  1. Never! / Not at all / Oh surely not.
  2. You don’t mean it.
  3. That’s not true.
  4. Not really.
  5. I disagree (I’m afraid)
  6. I see things rather differently myself.
  7. Personally, I tend to agree with ….

PRACTICE – DIALOGUE

Teacher & Students

Teacher: Well Children, we’ve decided to hold your summer camp at Kodaikanal. Is that O.K. with you?

Students: That’s lovely.

Teacher: As usual, the camp will be for three weeks. Those who would like to take part in this camp must give me their names by tomorrow evening O.K.?

Students: But, sir, we need time to write to our parents and get permission.

Teacher: In that case, you’ll give me your willingness latest by the 10th of next month. Is that all right with you all?

Students: Quite all right, sir.

Between friends

Ravananeswaran: So we’ll meet at the Regal Cinema at 5.30. O.K.?

Raman: But isn’t it too early? The show begins only at 6.30.

Anjaneyer: That’s right, but we might have to stand in the queue to get tickets. So it’s better to meet at 5.30.

Ravaneswarn: All right.

Raman: Okay. Can one of you pick me up from my house?

Anjaneyar: A lives somewhere near your house. Yeah?

Ravaneswaran: Well, not very near but not far.

Anjaneyar: So why don’t you bring him along?

Raman: You’re right.

Ravaneswaran: Okay. I shall meet you at your place at 5.20 O.K?

Raman: Fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails

BookMark&Share

Bookmark and Share