Search the web

Custom Search

Chitika

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Warning someone

WARNING SOMEONE

PATTERNS

  1. Be careful.
  2. Mind your…
  3. Watch out.
  4. Look out.
  5. You’d better not….
  6. I think you’re making a mistake.
  7. You must be mad/crazy/out of your mind.
  8. I don’t think that’s very wise/advisable.
  9. I wouldn’t do that if I were you.
  10. It doesn’t sound like a good idea to me.
  11. On no account should we…..
  12. I warn you ….

PRACTICE / DIALOGUE

While driving a car

A : Look out. There’s a tree across the road.

B : Oh! We had it. I almost drove over it. Luckily there are people already working on it. Let me see.

A : Watch out. The electric wire has snapped. You’d better not go anywhere near it.

B : Don’t worry. I’m not going that far.

A : it’s drizzling. Be careful you don’t get wet. You might catch a cold.

B : Oh, it’s a light drizzle.

Between friends

A : Mind your purse. There are a lot of pickpockets in the city.

B : Oh, none can reach my pocket.

A : You’d better not carry large sums on you.

B : I know this city very well.

A : I should be careful, if I were you.

At the office

K : Mr. Prakash, who typed this letter?

P : I did it, sir.

K : There are many mistakes in this letter.

P : I’m sorry. I typed it in a hurry. I shall be more careful.

K : You ought to be. Mind your spelling more than anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails

BookMark&Share

Bookmark and Share